Background - Kenya Manufacturing Expo 2016 1st Edition
- Kenya Manufacturing EXPO
- Hits: 1876
THEME: Growth Opportunities in Kenyan Manufacturing Sector
VENUE: COURTYARD AND COMESA GROUNDS, KICC , Nairobi Kenya
DATES: 15th to 18th November, 2016
1 Installation Day: Wednesday, 16th November, 2016
2 Exhibition Days: 17th to 18th November, 2016
1 Dismantling Day: Friday Evening, 18th November, 2016
CONTACTS Tel: 020 815531/2 Mobile: 0722 201 368/ 0734 646005
The Kenya Manufacturing EXPO is intended to mobilize the commitment of the international community to the industrialization of Africa. The Ministry, in collaboration with Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) and United Nations Industrial Organisation (UNIDO) has partnered to commemorate the African Industrialisation Day and host the “Kenya Manufacturing/ Industrialization Week Expo 2016” from 16th to 18th November 2016 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC).
The Expo aims at bringing together Kenya’s Manufacturing Sector to show case its level of development, provide networking opportunities for various business persons, and promote locally manufactured products. In respect of the theme of this year’s AID, a number of financial institutions will be invited to participate.
Theme: The provisional theme for the Africa Industrialization Day this year is: Financing Industrialization in Africa: Challenges and Winning Strategies
Strategic Objective: To advance international manufacturing competitiveness for locally manufactured products by all sectors of the economy.
- Generate leads by connecting industry stakeholders across the manufacturing supply chain
- Create a forum for launching new products by manufacturers
- Raise awareness of locally manufactured products and brands
- Strengthen the Buy Kenyan Build Kenya Initiative
- To Build data on Local Content
- Encourage sub contracting between SMEs and Large companies
- To develop a way forward for local manufacturers
Partners: Collaboration between the Ministry, KAM and UNIDO
Participants: SMEs, leading industry players, Allied Industries, Policy makers, manufacturers, exporters and importers, trade associations from the region, financial institutions, Government procurement entities, Universities, R & D institutions, government Ministries and Agencies, Counties, Foreign investors and the Public.
The Event: The Kenya Manufacturing/Industrialization Week Expo 2016 will be a three day event and a forerunner for the commemoration of the African Industrialization Day.It will comprise an exhibition at the KICC Court Yard, Conferences at the KICC COMESA grounds, Workshops, Business-to-Business sessions; and a competition and Awards ceremony for the best manufacturer in competing sectors.
The Programme will include the following topics:
- Business environment and Manufacturing industry competitiveness
- Strategies to increase local content for job creation – Manufacturers Perspective
- Government Procurement opportunities for local manufacturers
- Linkages between universities and industries
- Opportunities for Manufacturers in the Region (EAC, COMESA)
- Subcontracting for SMEs from Large industries to create opportunities and employment
- Role of counties in improving business environment
OUTPUT: Attendees will benefit from:
- Sourcing of locally manufactured products and locally available services
- Discussing current issues, challenges and developments in the manufacturing industry
- Meeting business buyers especially from the government
- Meeting local manufacturers as suppliers
- Exploring business growth through acquisition opportunities
- Networking with industry peers
- Attending industry mentorship panel discussions
- Exploring innovations
- Connecting with capital and financing sources
- Understanding the Kenyan manufacturing regulatory environment
Outcome: Increasing sustainable job opportunities in the manufacturing sector
Entry: The exhibition will be open to all visitors and entrance is free.