To become a catalyst for the realization of Vision 2030 for the manufacturing sector through MSEs
To revolutionalize and modernize the MSE sector in Kenya by building capacity for mass production through Innovation, design and product development, standardization and Patenting
3. General Objective
To create and maintain a platform for mass production of quality products by MSEs
4. Specific Roles of the 4K Partners
KIRDI: technology, product design and development
KEBS: Standardization of parts and components
KIPI: Protection of innovation and branding of products
KNFJKA: identification of MSE entrepreneurs and products
5. Certification of MSEs
- All manufacturers of products covered by approved /Kenya standards shall apply to be issued with the standardization mark permit.
- The application shall be made using the STA/1 form together with a copy of the company registration certificate.
- The application shall be accompanied by the applicable standardization mark fee (proposed standardization fee of Kshs. 20,000 per product/brand per annum
- Factory inspection and sampling by implementing officer is carried based on inspection criteria. The IO shall fill the STA/10 form.
- After the factory inspection the IO compiles a report of findings.
- Samples drawn from the factory will be submitted for analysis against the relevant Approved/Kenya standards.
- Feedback report to the applicant highlighting findings including non-conformities.
- The implementing officer shall compile the test reports, duly filled STA/1, STA/10 forms, copy of standardization fee receipt, inspection reports and copy of company registration certificate to the Product Standardization Committee (PSC).
- The PSC shall review and make appropriate decisions whether to grant, renew or defer the permit.